Friday, September 19, 2008

Update...Update:

After the IEP meeting Munchie was evaluated on Social, Emotional Skills to see if he met the criteria to attend the classes 4 days a week. He had that evaluation a week and a half ago, and this past Wednsday I was told that he does qualify!

This is aweome news for us. It means that he will be getting 4 of the 5 hours of therapy he needs right there in his school. They will be coming to get him and bringing him home each day on the bus. He will be in a school type setting, prepearing him for the real thing, getting him used to being around his peers, and helping him to detatch from me and his dad!

Munchie is very upset about the whole thing, he is NOT at all willing to get go and I know it is going to be a huge struggle for at least the first few weeks! It's okay though, I believe that in the long run this is going to help all of us out tremendously! :)

I hope to talk to all of you soon! Where is everyone?! I miss ya'all! :) ~Jenn

2 comments:

Somebody said...

I was really surprised that you felt a lil intimidated about speaking in front of all those 'professionals'; I'm sure you did a good job. I also know that the IEP's can take sooooo long and include soooo many things. So I see why it would be intimidating.

I'm so glad that your baby will get those hours he needs and you should notice a big difference with him almost immediately. You have to talk to him about it positively and show some joy (not overly) with his accomplishments.

Work has had me bogged down lately and the kids' homework too. Ever watched Cole Miner's Daughter?? Remember when Loretta said that her life was running her instead of her running her life? I'm trying to gain control!!! LoL

Take care and talk to you later, it sounds like you're doing good chica :)

~Lisa

~*jenn*~ said...

I always feel intimidated by the pros...I don't express myself very well in person, and I get all tongue tied trying to use big, fancy words!!! It's actually rather funny when I think about it! :)

I always let him know that he is doing a good job, whether he say a full word or just a sound attempt, I always acknowledge his efforts!

It was nice to see ya back even if for only a minute...I saw you Blogged yesterday too, did it help to relieve some of the pressure!? That's something I love about Blogging, it helps me to get so many things off my chest!

Eh, I'm doin a-ight! :) It sounds like you're way too busy. Make use of those powers you have, ya know being a Bruja and all and give yourself a break! LoL!