Friday, August 29, 2008

My daughter and her Attitude!!

Lately, my daughter has attempted to play "Boss" of the entire household...including me and her Dad! Me and her fight about this quite often, because the way I see it...I gave birth to the girl and I am not about to let her tell me how it's gonna be!

Her favorite thing the past couple of weeks has been when she is told to do anything...she tells me "NO" with more attitude than I've seen in any adult I've ever encountered! I'm not one to allow my kids to talk to me like this, and needless to say she has gotten smacked in the mouth more than once...you'd think she get the picture, but, we are talkin about my daughter here and from the day she took her first breath, she has known exactly what she wanted, how she wanted it, and when she expected it to be done!

After sending her to her room, and then talking to her about her telling me no...I always ask her the same question, and always get the same response!!!! It goes pretty much like this...

Me: "Are you ever gonna tell me no again!?"
Lilli: "Yeah!"
Me: "Yeah, you are gonna tell me no again!??????????" (Is she crazy!?)
Lilli: (louder this time....gettin that attitude) "I said....YEAH!!!"

It usually ends with me finally giving up somewhere along the lines...mostly because I cannot comprehend how she is just straight out telling me that she indeed will do it again!

Well, tonight I was able to finally get it! I was playing around with her...and we went through a playful moment of our normal fight....this time....when I said "Are you gonna tell me no again?" she just kinda looked at me...and it struck me....

The answer I have been expecting her to give me to this question....is NO!!!!! As in NO I will NOT tell you NO again!!! DUH!!!!! :) So when she is tellin me "Yeah" she is really trying to tell me yeah she agrees NOT to say NO anymore!!! I had to take the time to see it from a 4 year olds perspective to finally comprehend it! Go figure! :)

No comments: